Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Donut. Bagel. Lifesaver.

On the way home from the gym, I get a lottery ticket with my pack of gum. Not that I expect to win anything, but because of a superstition of mine; if I don't leave something to chance, I feel bad things will happen in a life too predictable and too controlled. You have to believe in forces greater than yourself. Or else, you've got no one to blame when it all comes down.

Hey, why do you throw pennies in the fountain?

Anyways, for the first time in I think ever...no numbers match. None of them.

I'm starting to think bad luck follows a guy around regardless of what he does. What keeps me going, though, is that it really could be a lot worse. I could've won, and lost the ticket. Or maybe I get hit by a dump truck. Whatever. I still have a nice warm bed to sleep in, so I'm doing alright.

Another three bucks for Friday's drawing.