Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I need coffee

So, there's this huge gap in between teaching English in the morning and going to class in the late afternoon, where I completely wander around for hours. Hang out in the park near the chessboards, or check email forty-seven times at the computer center (by the way, the Bobst library computer center is the best-looking, worst-run facility on campus), or do some reading for Thursday's classes. Anything to delay the second cup of coffee as long as possible, because I'm gonna need it real soon now.

Hey, there's this guy I saw walking down the street that, at one angle, looks like Bradley Whitford, while another angle just reminds me of one of my professors in the politics department.

I know some of you may be put off by Washington Square Park. Just go in the daytime. It's broad daylight, at least you know where the shady figures are.

Things are looking promising on a repeat performance at Anime Boston next year. They pushed it back to April, where it used to be. So...I'll see you all there?

Still waiting on a textbook I ordered from Amazon. Have to finish reading it sometime in the next 48 hours. I know teachers like to push the Internet thing over going to the bookstore and dealing with their overbloated prices ("but writers need to earn a living, too"), but it takes freakin' forever.

I so miss Japan. That's probably why I've been down lately (and, well, everyone keeps cancelling on me this week). So I'm more convinced than ever of going back in January for a week or so. It would be nice to catch up.

Okay, those are all of my random thoughts at the moment. Miss me while I'm gone.