Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nearly two years: Yes, We Have

I supported Barack Obama from the beginning.

I was there for the highs and the lows. And then the really lows. And then the really, really lows.

I doubted him. I understood why the left could have found reason to abandon him. In fact, I had thought the Republicans had cornered us again, of all elections.

But I always stood by Barack Obama. I defended him against other Democrats. I defended him against Republicans. I defended the cause he was creating from the ground up.

So I was there for the highs. And then the really highs. And then the really, really highs.

And then the biggest high of this election, nearly two years in the making.

Don't get me wrong, I love bandwagoners. Even the ones that came on the wagon after the election.

But this is for everyone who was there from the beginning. Everyone who went wire-to-wire with Barack Obama.

Today is our day.

Labels: