Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sixty cents a day

I'm at the web2zone in Union Square, just planning lessons for later this week and waiting on my advisement appointment at NYU. Just saw "An Inconvenient Truth" at the theater, and I'll offer up my thoughts on that later. It will not be a review, though, I'll leave that to other people.

But on the way here, I was approached by someone named Venus (at least I think so, I had an earphone in one ear listening to music), who is working/volunteering for Children International. <-- you will now click on this link, just as I have looked it up the moment I got here to fulfill a promise

She was very persuasive, and even for me without a job, I felt really bad refusing to sign-up to sponsor a child. Our family used to sponsor a girl from South America when I was in elementary school, and I can't tell you to put aside any doubts you may have, but I have always thought it was worthwhile. It's just something I haven't given much thought since then. So, do one for me and go to the link, think about it and see if you have the desire to take those next steps after that.